- November 26, 2019
- Comments: 0
- Posted by: Prasenjit Chowdhury
Micro Sew-In Weft, Micro Weft & Sew-In Weave
Micro sew in weave and Micro weft extension is the instant solution to the need to instantaneous volume and length. This method of applying for an extension in the form of micro-weave is much faster than having to apply on individual stands like that of pre-bonded or strand micro ring. This is cardinal because a fewer number of rings need to be applied to the hair and hence reduces the time required to fit.
The weft of the hair is placed horizontally in strips against the head. Small sections of hair from the weft and the client’s hair, placed a three-fourth inch apart. These are pulled gently through micro rings that are fastened down, securing that the weave is in place.
This is repeated until reaching almost the top of the head. Just like how fast you apply for the hair extension, the removal process can also be done quickly.
Advantages of micro-weave hair extension
- They lie much flatter to the head, and because there’s no braid, there’ll be less tension on your natural hair which can cause hair loss and damage.
- The weaves can easily be reused and repositioned.
- Without braids, the extensions are much more comfortable to sleep in.
- Braidless weaves can be fitted fairly fast, usually in 1-2 hours.
Things to note before applying for micro weft hair extension
- Minimum hair length required: If you have decided to make use of micro hair extensions, know that the minimum length required is approximately 5-6 inches.
- Duration of application: Usually, in installing micro weft extensions, upon the assistance of a professional hairdresser, it takes approximately 2-3 hours, but it depends on your hair and its thickness.
- Lifespan: When given proper care with the rings regularly repositioned, it can last up to 2-4 months.